Monday, March 26, 2012

Steal This Love Poem: Fail #1

I was in the dentist's chair this afternoon when I started thinking about these two characters discussing how they finally got together.  One says to the other:

Honestly
I thought you were weird -
at first, but then:

You grew on me
Like mold


But a sweet pink mold,
Or would that be mildew?
Like black mold
Infecting my lungs
So I can't get rid of you
Ever -

No matter what I take
You'll always be with me

Inside
Eating your way toward my heart


If you're lucky dear reader (I think there's at least one of you), I'll write more terrible love poems in the future! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is disturbingly awesome! LOVE IT!

D. V. Klenak said...

Why thank you - I do try!

De Anna said...

Now I know why I am single and like it!

D. V. Klenak said...

I thought the same thing about myself when the character, in my head, responded with mold.